Recently, we got a puppy and met up with a couple who got one from the same litter. As we chatted, with masks on, I got this feeling that the woman might be a lawyer.
The conversation turned to what we did for work and I shared about WILL. The wife got a funny look… then, I looked over at her husband, saw a sign of hope on his face. He glanced at her with a look that (I interpreted) said, “There’s someone to help!”
He told me stories about how she leaves the table in the middle of dinner, takes calls at all hours and works late into the night.
I felt his pain.
When I have conversations with people who are interested in joining WILL, I ask what benefits could be. Many of them say…
- I would be a better friend.
- I’d be able to attend the shower, party or brunch and not have to cancel.
- I’d be a better partner, spouse, or daughter.
- I would be a more present parent and not snap at my kids.
- My husband wouldn’t have to listen to me endlessly complain.
I invite you to think about your own relationships. How could beginning your journey out of (big) law benefit both YOU and with those who matter most?
If you’re feeling their pain, they’re feeling yours too.
If this resonates, and you’d like to explore how WILL could help, let’s chat.
A recent member told me that before she started WILL, her partner said to her, “I miss you. It’s COVID and we’re in the same house, but I feel like you’re not here.” Since then, she’s made some significant changes. She’s actually taken a leave of absence and is showing up for herself, her partner and their dog.
Are you ready to gain clarity and freedom? Start with your FREE copy of. . .
11 Resources to Help You Leave (big) Law for a Life That You LOVE!
- Stories of lawyers who’ve made their move
- Podcasts that unlock a world of possibilities
- Courage, tools and communities to bolster you
How good would it feel to regain control of your time, career and life?
Want more information? Click below to schedule your call.