I spoke with Sarah this week. She lives in Seattle. One of the things she said she wanted was to take a vacation.
“When’s the last time you took one?” I asked.
She paused, eyes looking up and to the right… (thinking, thinking, thinking).
“I can’t remember.”
Does that ring true for you? Did you have vacations cancelled this summer? Either by Covid or your firm?
Maybe your dream vacation right now includes…
- time with family or friends (if you can safely arrange) so someone else can watch the kids
- terrible wi-fi so you truly are not available
- sitting by a lake in a hammock while reading a book
But whatever it is, as I suggested to Sarah, book your vacation. Even if you fear you are behind on your hours, can’t take the trip to Italy or Japan of your dreams (yet) or your firm thinks “you’ve got nothing better to do.”
Is that true? Of course not! You’ve got a book to read and a hammock to swing on!
The Harvard Business Review agrees – take a vacation.
If the “Yeah, buts…” are going through your head, grab a pen, pad and answer these three questions:
- What would taking a vacation GIVE you? Write all the reasons you want, need, would LOVE a vacation.
- What are all the things you get to say “No.” to in order to make it happen?
- What actions can you begin to take NOW? Go on Airbnb, delegate like you’ve never done before, tell a partner or mentor that you are near your breaking point and have to take time off.
If you want to learn how WILL can help you set boundaries to take a vacation, (and of course more) book a complimentary call here.
Are you ready to gain clarity and freedom? Start with your FREE copy of. . .
11 Resources to Help You Leave (big) Law for a Life That You LOVE!
- Stories of lawyers who’ve made their move
- Podcasts that unlock a world of possibilities
- Courage, tools and communities to bolster you
How good would it feel to regain control of your time, career and life?
Want more information? Click below to schedule your call.