As women, we often don’t take good care of ourselves.
The term “self-care” used to befuddle me. I never knew quite what it meant. It conjured images of a day at a spa.
In January, I went to a workshop with Savor Beauty and Spa Founder, Angela Kim, to help me learn how to use her 90-day planner.
When I got was something much more valuable, her definition of self-care…
“Self-care is taking an action for which your future self will thank you.”
Nothing about hot stone massages or facials.
This definition creates the framework for us to conjure important questions …
- What would my future-self want me to do right now?
- Would my future-self want me to stay in the office? Or go to yoga?
- How can I STOP putting everyone else’s priorities first, and focus on me?
I recently had a yearning to get away by myself for a few days. To focus on something BIG I’m planning for you.
My friend Steve has a lake house in Western Massachusetts.
My future-self was cheering me on! “Take a few days, girl! Ask Steve. What’s the worst that can happen? He can say no.”
But he said yes!
I packed the car, stopped at Trader Joe’s for groceries, and had a self-care retreat.
I took walks in the snow, did yoga by the window, and shot this video for you.
Your future self is saying something to you. What is it?
Do this now… after reading this, close your eyes.
Ask your future self, “What is one thing I CAN do today, that is within my power to actually do?”
- Maybe it’s as simple as take a walk and get lunch.
- Dial that best friend who lives across the country and talk. Let her tell you she loves you.
- Pause before saying yes to a new project when you are spread thin beyond your limit.
- Tell them no. Or at the very least, when you can realistically get to it.
Let’s have Tony Robbins drive this point home…
“The quality of your life is a direct reflection of the quality of the questions you are asking yourself.”
Start with this one…
“What is an action I can take today that my future-self will thank me for?”
Are you ready to gain clarity and freedom? Start with your FREE copy of. . .
11 Resources to Help You Leave (big) Law for a Life That You LOVE!
- Stories of lawyers who’ve made their move
- Podcasts that unlock a world of possibilities
- Courage, tools and communities to bolster you
How good would it feel to regain control of your time, career and life?
Want more information? Click below to schedule your call.